G.R. Bear OMC Lutz Spruce/Australian Blackwood
This OMC (Orchestra Model + Florentine Cutaway) features luthier G.R. Bear's body curvature and his famous Falcate bracing reinforced with Carbon fiber. Rye reconstructed Trevor gore's Falcate bracing system for his top soundboard voicing to achieve more powerful projection and richer sound.
You can hardly hear open sound from Lutz & Australian Blackwood combo when the guitar is brand new. However, this one is very smooth and open sound right out of the case. The Hybrid (passive+active) back voicing is balancing out between the rich and sparkle perfectly.
Well suited for fingerpicking and flat-picking. Many different playing styles are possible on this.
The aesthetic appointments are clean and subtle. Classy is the word here.
- Model: OMC (OM+Florentine Cutaway)
- Top: Lutz Spruce
- B/S: Australian Blackwood
- Binding: Black Rocklite
- Top Purfling: BWB(European Maple)
- Rosette: Custom Mosaic (Australian Blackwood)+Macassar Ebony
- Neck: Mahogany
- Scale: 645mm
- Nut Width: 44.5mm
- String Space: 57mm
- Fretboard: Macassar Ebony+Maple Purfling
- Side Fretboard Marker: Copper
- Frets: Evo Gold with Hemispherical fret ends
- Bridge: Padauk
- Heelcap: Black Rock-lite
- End Wedge: Macassar Ebony
- Head: Bound with Black Rocklite+ BWB(European Maple)
- Front Headplate: Australian Blackwood Veneer
- Back Headplate: African Blackwood Veneer
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuner: Gotoh 510
- Finish: Gloss UV+Royal Lac
- Case: Hiscox