Gaiero OMC Swiss Alpine Spruce/Osage Orange
This Gaiero OMC (Orchestra Model + Florentine Cutaway) is created with luthier Mark Gaiero's own curvature and measurement, the smallest OM than Somogyi or other apprentices OMs.
Mark applied Somogyi-Esque modern voicing to this body and tweaked that voicing to achieve more headroom. It can handle deep arpeggio to pretty strong strums with ease. Beautiful harmonics are a plus.
A Swiss Alpine Spruce top paired with a quartersawn Osage Orange set on the back and sides for the body, a flame Cherry neck with Katalox bridge and fretboard made a great-sounding guitar, and the greener environment with these Non-Endangered Species.
The aesthetic appointments are genuinely unique, but subtlety is the key here.
Brilliant color, high contrast, and Micro Mosaic pattern is Gaiero's specialty.
- Model: OMC (OM+Florentine Cutaway)
- Top: Swiss Alpine Spruce
- B/S: Osage Orange ( Maclura pomifera)
- Binding: Black Rock-lite
- Rosette: Micro Mosaic with Dyed Basswood + Dyed red maple purfling
- Neck: Flame Cherry with Dark burst
- Scale: 641mm
- Nut Width: 44.5mm
- String Space: 57.2mm
- Fretboard: Katalox+Maple Purfling
- Side Fretboard Marker: Yellow Green dots
- Purfling: Black/ Yellow Green/Black
- Frets: Evo Gold
- Bridge: Katalox
- Heelcap: Black Rock-lite
- End Wedge: Black Rock-lite
- Back Strip: Black Rock-lite
- Head: Bound with Black Rock-lite with Dyed red maple purfling
- Front Headplate: Osage Orange Veneer
- Back Headplate: Black Rock-lite
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuner: Gotoh 510 Mini Black/Black
- Finish: Gloss UV
- Case: Calton Case