Heinonen SJ European Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood
The Heinonen SJ is luthier Drew Heinonen's take on the Olson SJ, which is based directly on the Olson SJ plus Drew's voicing technique. It is best suited for fingerstyle playing but can also handle flat-picking and more.
It favors solid overtones and harmonics with good sustain. The clarity on this guitar gives another dimension to the Olson smoothness.
This particular guitar pairs a fantastic set of old-growth, quartersawn Brazilian Rosewood on the back and side with a European Spruce top. One of the best wood combos for SJs.
Featuring Brazilian Rosewood and Paua Shell Abalone treatment to the aesthetic appointments gives an elegant visual and value for this beauty. Plus, this one can travel anywhere in the world with the CITES permit.
- Model: (Olson Style) Small Jumbo
- Top: Euro Spruce
- B/S: Brazilian RW
- Binding: Flame Koa
- Top Purfling: Paua Shell
- Rosette: Brazilian Radial Wood 3-Ring w/Paua Shell
- Neck: 5-piece neck – Mahogany, Maple, & Rosewood
- Neck Profile: "Olson" neck profile
- Scale: 645mm
- Nut Width: 44.5mm
- String Space: 57.2mm
- Fretboard: Ebony bound with Flamed Koa & Paua Shell Purfling
- Fretboard Inlay: Paua Shell "Olson Dove"
- Side Fretboard Marker: Paua Shell
- Frets: Evo Gold
- Bridge: Ebony
- Heelcap: Brazilian RW bound with Ebony
- End Wedge: Brazilian RW
- Back Strip and End Wedge strips: Paua Shell
- Head: Bound with Flame Koa & Paua Shell Purpling
- Head logo: Paua Shell
- Truss rod cover: Brazilian RW
- Front Headplate: BrazilianRW Veneer
- Back Headplate: BrazilianRW Veneer
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge Pin: Bone with Paua Shell Dot
- End Pin: Bone with Paua Shell Dot
- Tuner: Gotoh 510 Black/Gold
- Finish: Olson Method Gloss UV
- Case: Hoffee Case
- CITES Permits: Yes